Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Under the Influence of Ozan Karakoc

 Ozan Karakoc has been designing for over 20 years. He has designed for many well known brands such as; Google, Toyota, and Expedia. A lot of his work is a posed female figure with paintbrush textures, typography and other textures overlayed on the work. He creates vertical compositions and sometimes created a 3D illusion by extending the composition into the margins of the design. 

    The figures in his design are typically in black and white. Color is added by other elements, most commonly paint brush strokes. Occasionally he uses other monotoned photographs to overlay on different aspects of the model. He also makes parts of their body up using a texture piece or shape. 

I am inspired by the variety of texture in his work as well as the pop of color he adds throughout his pieces. There's something very captivating about the way he poses his figures and manipulates textures to fit their figure. I have always been drawn to this style of graphic design even though it is quite different than the style I have. 

In my compositions I really want to focus on the figures paired with the pop of red or yellow that he uses in a majority of his work. Occasionally he will use a pop of blue but he always stays within the primary colors. I also really want to bring in the paint strokes that he uses so I will definitely take pictures of different brush strokes and adapt them into the photos. If the composition makes sense for typography I will also add a little bit into the photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment