Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Under the Influence Analysis - Julien Pozo - Jarek Kubicki

 Julien Pozo

Jarek Kubicki - Under the Influence Artist

I mainly chose Jarek Kubicki due to the fact that since I had decided to go with portraiture, and manipulating it in a way to create various different moods or environments in which we find the subject. I believe their portrait pieces to be very moody and striking in contrast and texture. This idea of fusing painting and brush strokes with texture to create interest with the subject really stood out to me and gave me ideas of the direction I’d like to take my Under the Influence project. Additionally, the subjects often are masked quite a lot and fuses the idea of the subject being combined with the likeness of a drawing or painting.

Additionally, the color they often go for is very striking, often going a black and white overall theme with one striking color (monotone in a way) to grab the viewer’s attention. Additionally, through compositing different elements of other images and features that he then combines with the subject such as a pair of horns, fusing it through painting really convinces the viewer that the picture could have been taken just like that. His photo manipulation skills are pretty top notch and goes to show you don’t need to only bring various images together to create one cohesive composite image.

As for my work, I wish to incorporate just that, the painterly aesthetic and approach to creating a composite image using portraits. This will be the foundation of my work gaining influence from Kubicki’s pieces as shown in the next slide. Additionally, I will also be going for a monotone color scheme to compliment this idea and create emphasis. Additionally, I wish to experiment with incorporating elements into the subject and attempting to convince the viewer of their validity as if they were there as Kubicki does. I may not be the best painter but I can definitely try my best using adjustments layers and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment