Thursday, September 5, 2024

Old is New Again - Aliyah Valcin

For this project, I choose to include me and my grandma as the subject in a rural scene. I was inspired to tap into my family roots. My grandma grew up in the 1940s and I never got a chance to see where she grew up. Even though I didn't have any context of the environment, when she described it, I tried to create an atmosphere that reflected that. I created a whole new scene from the original imagery. My grandma grew up in Alabama and had a large property with many farm animals and grew fresh produce. Even though I didn't have any photos of her house at the time I incorporated an old fashion house along with horses and a scene picture to create the envisioned atmosphere. My goal for this project was to put myself in a period that was around the time my grandma grew up. As a result of this project, I can see how dramatic of a shift I could take the original picture from the early 2000s and bring it to the 1900s. After creating the image, I experimented with adding multiple layers of brush textures and scratches to further the wear and tear of the photo. To make my image even more personalized and unique I added a picture of my hand and blended it with the image to represent more scratches and create varying texture.






No comments:

Post a Comment