Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Chris Allard - Scale Exaggerated

    
    For this piece, I wanted to lend itself to the theme of nightmare and how that could be mixed with a concept involving scale. I find long things with a lot of arms like centipedes to be disturbing and so I thought it could be interesting to create a monstrous character with those features. To lend itself to scale I wanted to play it smart and efficient with what I had around me and I knew I could take photos easily so my hands and myself were obvious subjects. I wanted to create a scene of a character in the "clutches" of a monster and left in a state of shock and fear. For a deeper/interpretive meaning; as an artist, I find human hands to be a crucial tool, they can be used for many good things like healing or creating but they can also be used for terrible things as well which I find terrifying.




No comments:

Post a Comment