Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Under Influence Analysis Destiny James

 Under the Influence Formal Analysis 

For this upcoming Under The Influence project, I will be looking at a young artist named Aliza Razell. Majority of her works are composed with many different styles of photography and art styles. She composites her photographs with interesting focal points that use 2d works like paintings and drawings to reflect the subject.

Her work primarily focuses on one focal point or concept then transcends into the use of her preferred 2d medium. Water color is often used to demonstrate a contrast in the fluidity of the medium and the dynamic between photographs. She also uses contour drawings to help outline whatever subject she wants to reflect on.

Apart from the multimedia works, her composited photographs are highly contrasted with a focal point that uses color to highlight the emotion that she tries to portray. All of Razell's works share the same gloomy emotion or mystical feeling. All emotions related to sadness or loneliness seem to be a common theme/ concept. 

For this project, I plan to use Razells work to inspire me to composite both photography and 2d works. Like digital mixed media works, I want to somehow combine my preferred photography style with my 2d mediums to create a combination of portraits and landscapes. I want to add my preferred minimalist style and painting techniques to have two contrasting elements similar to Aliza Razell.








No comments:

Post a Comment