Wednesday, April 24, 2024

"Blue Pearlz"- Jazmine Chance

Under the Influence- Blue Pearlz

For this project, I got my inspiration from Tommy Ingberg and his style of Surrealism. He likes to work in abstract ways that generally want the viewer to guess what the meaning behind the image entails. He creates minimalistic and self-reflecting surreal photo montages dealing with human nature, feelings, and thoughts. I like the abstraction idea of surrealism and I enjoy making the viewer guess what they are viewing when it comes to my images. As an extra bonus, I wanted to challenge myself to create something interesting and enticing with the idea of being minimal.

With that inspiration, I was going off the general idea based on my sorority, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated, and the little aspects of it that don't get too recognized. I wanted to emphasize the pearls that we wear and the color blue that relates to the organization. The pearls relate to the founders of the organization, we call them "The Five Pearls" and it's one of the main accessories that the organization is based off of. And the color of the organization is royal blue and white and I made it generally on the blue side of things because I wanted some consistency throughout. Along with that, Ingberg ran with a specific color scheme of gray, black, and white so I created my own with the blue and white color scheme. With two of the images, I wanted to play with creating a background with the depth of field being very off-putting as well as Ingberg did with his images. 













No comments:

Post a Comment