My concept is the difference between livelihoods and generations. I used a photograph of my abuela sitting holding some mangos she grew and plans to sell. One of the ways she made a living back then was growing her own fruit and selling them. She was very proud of herself in this picture. I am standing beside her holding a grocery bag of fruit with some mangos in my arm. The grocery bag and mangos show a difference between our experiences and class. I have the privilege and easy access of simply going to the supermarket and buying them. I blurred myself a bit to represent a sense of disconnect between us, as well as wearing headphones, nice shoes, a labubu. Through the contrast between our different experiences, her labor and my access to convenience, I wanted to show the generational disconnect and the privilege of taking something so readily available for granted.
Link:

No comments:
Post a Comment