Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Neon Night, Destiny James

 Neon Night


For this Night Prowler assignment, I settled on the idea of capturing the lights in my room. At night they completely transform my room into a new space vs the daylight setting. It provides a chill, fun ambience so I decided to capture the multiple directions of radiating light. My neon light over my bed is the focal point with led strip lights behind my bed that bring more colors. To the far right is my easel and  over head light that also contributes to the "creating at night" ambiance. My technique consists of multiple layered long exposure images that I wanted to blend together but also show the distinction between each new setting. 





1 comment:

  1. When looking at this work it shows multiple signs of Dessy scattered around creating light motion. Then there is also some grass wall décor behind certain parts and what seems to be a quilt or blanket at the bottom right. There is a ton of blending between each blocked off section and then what looks like level adjustments and blur.

    To me it looks like something that you would see within a teen magazine or some kind of restaurant display. The neon light from the sign works well to convey that message and the inclusion of the other neon colors. Not quite sure what it exactly represents though where there isn’t enough context clues or visuals that give a clear indication, which there’s nothing wrong with that it just helps with clarification, like possibly adding some items that would represent your room, I think since they are blocked of and blended that maybe posters or something would work well.

    It looks like a bunch of repetition with variations within such as positioning and lighting. I like how the composition works with the placement of the word Dessy on the left it is seen a bunch of times with a lower light/blurred more and then the right is more in focus and slightly brighter compared to most on the left.

    It works well with modern culture in the idea of how idea teens enjoy lighting and the aesthetics. I think that it starts to represent the idea of teens and young adults and their lifestyle.

    Overall, I enjoyed I think it would look great gallery wrapped!

    ReplyDelete