Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Night Prowler - Sena Lor

 

I never visited campus nor the city at night, and when I did, it was very pretty. This project was a great way for me to explore places I wouldn't think of. When I saw the lights on campus and uptown Charlotte, I was in awe. Even with my siblings accompanying me for both nights, it was cold, dark, and a little scary; however, the lights were wonderful. It's like magic, mysterious but beautiful, which was kind of my experience, so I decided to composite this piece to reflect that.

1 comment:

  1. In this image, there is an illuminated outdoor stairway that leads to the right side of the image. There are trees that are softly lit by light from street lamps and what appear to be little floating specks of light like fireflies.
    This work seems to be a take on a modern kind of fantasy. The common urban street and architecture of city walking spaces are mixed with almost magical lights.
    This has a great concept and interesting composition. The whimsical nature is pushed by the sprinkling of lights all over the image and rather than being distracting, they are very additive to the image itself. The color composition is fantastic, very soft while still taking place in a nocturnal atmosphere. Perspective is fantastic, it feels like a real, walkable space. One thing that could be changed is the void that it seems to be sitting in, maybe add some more trees that are a little darker than the ones close to the foreground to finish off the whole space.
    This piece bridges together the modern normal landscape and fantasy, instilling wonder in otherwise normal places. Potentially surfacing a new appreciation for preexisting spaces.
    This image is well made, it creates a soft, whimsical night space. It also manifests a new appreciation for the spaces it takes source from.

    ReplyDelete