Monday, October 24, 2022

Talking to the Moon- Shyana Marvelle

 








For this nighttime-based project, I wanted to show my favorite view at the end of every day: watching the sunset on my patio. However, I wanted my window to be the viewpoint to bring attention to this activity all while being in my safe space. Recently, I moved from the city, so these sunsets look a lot different. The sky looks bigger and it makes you wonder what's out there. The inclusion of the buildings and other windows is my take on how the world is so large in the sense that all of the people in these buildings are living different lives. When pondering these thoughts, I feel so small. I used an image of a "Super Moon", which is a moon that radiates so much light because of its increase in size and how much closer it is to us. The light peers through the window combining the two spaces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment