My concept is based around how these old photographs inherently stand as very static and unchanging captures of a person's entire identity. Given how infrequent these would be, many of these old photos serve to create one singular vision of how these people look when the truth is that an entire person can't be distilled into one image. I wanted to capture this through the slow shutter speed method and essentially obscure my own face, figure, and identity to create a more dynamic and hard to pin down identity. In a way, this feels inherently personal in that I am constantly changing from one moment to the next and given how long these photos would take, I've tightened this sense of change by implying that so much change is happening over the course of a short period.
I used the border from an old photograph off the library of congress:
https://www.loc.gov/item/vt0145/
As well as several textures I overlayed:
https://jooinn.com/img/get
https://www.needpix.com/photo/1479118/grunge-texture-grungetexture-wall-antique-vintage-retro-old-damaged
https://pxhere.com/en/photo/1100381
No comments:
Post a Comment