My idea was to specifically do a wet plate collodion portrait of my mother and me, the past and the present. I wanted it to look as if we were the same person but noticeably different. I based this off of how often people have confused me for her before. I constantly strive to be like her, as she's my biggest role model, and her influence is why I took my academics seriously and learned to pursue success. Back during the 1900's Black Americans could rarely attend college, let alone black women. My mother would actually graduated from college when she was pregnant with me at 37. Now I am a college junior because I started college classes at 17, an entire 2 decades younger. For the 2 of us to be able to
She's been my biggest cheerleader, and I feel proud to look so much like one of the people I love so much.
Links:
https://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/anedub/item/00651764/
https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2017896046/
https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/95507126/
https://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/gld/item/2010647770/
.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment